This is my FAVORITE season – for real….
“Oh Mr. Sun. Sun. Mr. golden sun. Please shine down on me.” – parents forced to watch Barney… you will be familiar with this one.
I don’t mind the heat, blue skies for days, and not having to wear tons and tons of layers…. but that might change as December is my last month in my second trimester and I move on into the 3rd – pregnancy and heat… we will have to see.
Enough about that, let’s talk SUMMER ESSENTIALS for toddlers… I have put together some of my top choices.
- Kid’s Reusable Squeeze Bottles – UncommonGoods – these are super useful if you are traveling over summer. The pouch for food or drink has a spill-proof nipple spout for younger kids and a free flow version for when they are older (say 2+).
- Strawberry donut float – Superbalist – Oh so trendy, everyone needs a cool pool float for at home or on vacation. Toddlers will love playing and lying on them and… well maybe mom too… (remember they will need to be supervised).
- Toddler Ponchos – Madi & Me – perfect for kids getting in and out the water throughout the day. Made from 100% Turkish cotton towelling – they are fast drying and eco-friendly. One size fits from ages 2-6 and they have 5 different colours.
- Kids Teepee – Totem Teepee – Perfect for indoor and outdoor play. Set up your teepee on the grass outside for some additional shade, or take to the beach for a unique escape from the heat. Be inspired by the bold colours of the season and choose a colour that pops!
- Kid friendly nail polish – Nailmatic – No worries mom, its school holidays, and your toddler will be wearing the cutest sandals, let them have a little fun with their own nail polish. Nailmatic is removed by water, and is non-toxic.
- Summer sandals – Shooshoos – Made perfectly for growing toddler. Spacious and comfortable, your tot will be running around in style this summer. They have an array of colours and styles to choose from for boys and girls.
- Long Sleeve Palm Cozzie – Flynn Jaxon – Super stylish and locally made, sizes from 6-12months to 4-5years. I love the long sleeve that helps add to the sun protection over summer.
- Fraser Ls Rash Vest – Cotton On Kids – These are found in the boys section, but I bought the vest and matching shorts for Skylar as they can work for a girl too. Cotton On kids swimwear offers a UPF 50+ protection on the fabric they use.
- Custom embroidered cap – Tiny Tribe Kids – These are so cool, available in black and white, and two different cap styles. These are great to add a personal touch. Their order are closed now, till new year, but you can still place an order and be first inline come 2018 for yours.
- Collapsible Beach Pail – UncommonGoods – Genius!!! Your kids won’t want to leave their spade and bucket behind for a trip to the beach. But where do you put it? These awesome collapsible beach pails and spades, flat pack for easy transport. No more trying to pack or carry bulky items to the beach.
- BioNike Defence Sun 50+ Baby & Kid Fluid Lotion Very High Protection – Available exclusively at Dischem, protect your childs skin with the best. No one wants a sore and burnt toddler over the holidays. I have tried and tested this product on my very fair skin child, and it works perfectly.
- Little Swimmers – Huggies – I don’t know if these are more for us parents, than the kids, keep their “business” locked up safe when they are in and out the swimming pool, no one wants any “accidents” that you might have to scoop out your own, friends or resort’s pool. These are an essential part of my beach/pool bag.
Disclaimer – yeah… I am putting this one in here…. these are my own views, and choices, I have not been paid or asked to include any products in the above list. The Choose a Row – Summer Essentials list was handpicked by me 🙂 Oh and I am pretty chuffed with my own design layout too… whoop whoop! Yay Photoshop!
I hope all my Southern Hemisphere mamas have a wonderful festive season and summer!